What is Valium?
Valium is a prescription drug that is used to treat a range of conditions including anxiety, alcohol withdrawal symptoms, benzodiazepine withdrawal syndrome, trouble sleeping seizures, and restless legs syndrome. You may buy Valium online also for the treatment of muscle spasms. It is a medication of the benzodiazepine family known for its calming effect. Valium works by enhancing the effects of GABA receptors in the brain. Valium is a brand name of its generic Diazepam. Diazepam was patented in the year 1959 and became the most frequently prescribed medication in the world since its launch in 1963.
You are advised to take Valium by the lowest effective dosage for a short period, as instructed by your doctor. Here, we have created a list of dosage for different types of problems,
- Symptomatic relief in Acute alcohol withdrawal- Valium 10mg, 3 to 4 times for the first 24 hours, reducing to 5 mg 3 to 4 times a day.
- Management of anxiety disorder and relief of symptoms of anxiety- 2 mg to 10 mg, 2 to 4 times a day (depending upon the condition)
- Adjunctively in Convulsive Disorders- 2 mg to 10 mg, 2 to 4 times daily
- Adjunctively for Relief of Skeletal Muscle Spasm- 2 mg to 10 mg, 3 to 4 times a day.
- Geriatric Patients, and in the presence of debilitating disease- 2 mg to 2.5 mg, 1 to 2 times a day
You should increase your daily dosage gradually under the professional's guidelines. Do not increase or stop taking drugs suddenly; it may react to your body.
You are advised to take medication at the time, in any case, you missed a daily dosage, take it as soon as you remember but do not use it at the time of another dosage.
Overdosage Or More Frequent Dosage:
You should avoid taking more frequent and overdosage. Taking overdosage of the drug may cause some unwanted effects including,
- Change in consciousness
- difficult or troubled breathing
- irregular, fast or slow, or shallow breathing
- lack of coordination
- loss of consciousness
- loss of strength or energy
- muscle pain or weakness
- pale or blue lips, fingernails, or skin
- unusual drowsiness, dullness, tiredness, weakness, or feeling of sluggishness, etc.
When you stop taking the drug at once or after an extended period, you may feel some unwanted effects like,
- Increased heart rate and blood pressure.
- Muscle spasm.
- Abdominal cramps.
- Sensory hypersensitivity.
- Rebound anxiety.
Before Taking Valium:
You should remember some necessary things before taking this drug. Do not this medication if you have,
- severe liver diseases
- breathing problems
- myasthenia gravis (muscle weakness)
- addition to medicines that are similar to Diazepam
- history of glaucoma, emphysema, asthma, a chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder, and breath problems
- liver or kidney disease
Side Effects of Valium:
Valium is a prescription drug containing some inactive ingredients. These inactive ingredients may cause some frequent and severe side effects. You should check with your medical advisor immediately if you have any of the following side effects.
- unsteadiness, trembling, and some other problems with muscle control and coordination
- shakiness and unsteady walk
Incidence Not Known:
- Abdominal or stomach pain
- black, tarry stools
- blistering, flaking, or peeling of the skin
- blurred vision
- faintness dizziness and lightheadedness when changing the sitting position
- changes in patterns and rhythms of speech
- dark urine
- the decrease in the frequency of urination
- the reduction in urine volume
- difficulty in passing urine (dribbling)
- unchangeable false beliefs
- fast or irregular breathing
- feeling sad or empty
- Feeling that others are controlling your behavior.
- Unnecessary or unwanted feelings.
- feeling, hearing, or seeing things that are not available there
- lack of memory of what takes place after a particular event
- loss of appetite
- loss of bladder control
- loss of interest or pleasure
- lower back or side pain
- trouble concentrating
- trouble sleeping
- difficulty speaking
- ulcers, sores, or white spots in the mouth
- unpleasant breath odor
- unusual behavior
- unusual bleeding or bruising
- abnormal feeling of excitement
- unusual tiredness or weakness
You should take some necessary precautions while using this type of medicine. Taking precautions to ensure your complete safety and maximum benefit of the drug.
- It is good to take the drug through a proper and balanced dosage as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not take 2 or more 2 dosages at one time; it may cause some severe side effects.
- You are highly recommended to avoid taking other drugs while using Valium; such medicines can interact and cause allergic and other unwanted effects.
- You should remember your tolerance limit and use the drug under a limitation of dosage.
- This drug is not suitable for a nursing mother; it may react to your breast milk and harm your baby.
- Valium is also not good during the pregnancy period; it may harm or affect your unborn baby.